Sunday, March 8, 2015

In the Darkness

In the darkness before dawn, in the quiet of the hours before people rise out of their beds, before the sound of traffic on the street picks up, even before the sunlight rises over the hill to wake the birds to come to the feeder, there is a delicious silence. 

In the fullness of this silence, I open myself to the universe, to whatever it wants to share with me today. In the darkness before dawn, I believe that all things are possible.

What surprises will show up today? What moments of transcendence? What inspired words will come, what sharing of hearts will there be with others? How will I be renewed and challenged? How will I grow? How will I become more loving, more aware of other people’s suffering? Who will I meet today, and how will I love them in ways that I didn’t expect?

In the darkness before dawn, I ready my heart to open wide enough for the needs of others, ready my mind to listen with compassion and not judgment, and ready my hands to do work that needs to be done.

I give thanks today the Great Spirit.
I give thanks for the natural world that inspires me.
I give thanks for breath and the coming of light.

I give thanks today for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment